What is this? sleepBox is a wellness kit, designed by yours truly, to help promote healthy sleep. There are many, many reasons people have problems falling asleep, staying asleep, or not feeling rested after some sort of sleep. This kit won’t fix every sleep problem, but keep reading to find out if these great products might help YOU!
THESE PRODUCTS ARE FOR ADULT USE ONLY
Let’s talk about sleep as it relates to general wellness. Of course, a nutritious diet and adequate amounts of physical activity are the foundation for good sleep. Nobody can make you do this, you just have to want to. Lack of sleep is a common and growing problem in our society – most Americans get less than 7 hours of sleep per night. Lack of sleep affects the entire body.
I have to get all “sciency” for a minute. Sleep is regulated by neurotransmitters in the brain. Neurotransmitters are how our brains communicate signals to our bodies (and vice-versa). I’m sure most of you have heard of melatonin as a sleep supplement; that, my friend, is one of the neurotransmitters that have an effect on sleep. I can almost hear several people groaning right now – either because of the science nerd in me or because they’ve tried melatonin & it didn’t work. Melatonin isn’t included in this kit, but I will give you some information in the kit about how to use it correctly if you want to add it to the mix.
Serotonin, GABA, and Glycine (more neurotransmitters), along with zinc and magnesium are also needed for sleep. The sleepBox kit contains:
- Magnesium glycinate – one of the most absorbable forms of magnesium (way better than the prescription MagOx, or magnesium oxide). Magnesium is probably the most common mineral deficiency.
- Zinc citrate – another absorbable mineral supplement; zinc is needed for your body to make its own melatonin. In fact, almost all chemical reactions in the brain require zinc.
- Skullcap tincture – skullcap is a flowering herb that helps with anxiety; specifically, it helps us deal with overstimulation which happens to be rampant these days! Take note that herbal remedies require consistent use and don’t work like a “magic potion” that fixes a problem with one huge dose. Small doses taken 2 or 3 times per day works better than one large dose at bedtime. We need to deal with stress throughout the day, not just at the end of it:) Regular or alcohol-free tincture/glycerite is available.
- SleepWell essential oil blend – this is a beautiful blend of calming and gently fragranced oils, including roman chamomile, lavender, sweet marjoram, orange, tangerine, and ylang ylang. A great way to use this for sleep is to diffuse it in your bedroom for about 15 minutes before going to bed, then turn it off. More is not better! You can also put 1-2 drops on your pillowcase, or on a piece of tissue or cotton ball near your bed for a subtle scent.
- Bath bomb, shower steamer, or bath salt – a nice, relaxing shower or bath is such a stress-relieving experience. Though I don’t have a huge selection of these in stock, I think they’re all great! Not all of these are specifically made for sleep, but some are:
- Bath bomb: Green Apple/grapefruit; Lavender in Dreams/lavender; Fresh Milk/spearmint; Rose Angel/rose; Chamomile/geranium; Fresh Rain/neroli; Natural Honey/bergamot; Midnight Charm/rose.
- Shower steamer: Eucalyptus Spearmint; Orange, Maximum Sinus Relief; Christmas Wreath; Warm & Cozy, Spiced Apple & Bourbon; Lavender. All of these contain menthol.
- Bath Salt: Lavender; Chamomile; Fig & Olive.
Total Cost is $69.90
sleepBox wellness kit
Please specify whether you want regular or alcohol-free skullcap; a bath bomb, shower steamer, or bath salt & which scent! email me at firstname.lastname@example.org